Friday, October 4, 2013

Random Layout - CSI #91


Here's my take for CSI case #91. Evidences include birds, leaves, wet medium, stripes, and tearing. My testimony is based on  inspiration words: surprise, need, enjoy and also journal about something you enjoy every day. 

My layout is a very simple daily need (well at least for me!) - Breakie. I used the quote from Ali Edwards Technique Tuesday collections, reason being  Breakfast is the 1st meal of the day and important to me. Weekend breakfast at home is usually the time where I typically try out new food with my kids. This photo as shown is actually at the request of my eldest son. It was taken during one of our weekend breakfast at home. He is pretty 'creative' in his request at the breakfast. Anyway, on one particular morning, we had wanted to just spread jam or peanut butter for him. And he did know that there was avocado already soft from the outside and need to be eaten that very day. So he asked us to toast his bread, then spare the jam and peanut butter. To my surprise, he asked me to spread avocado onto his bread. True enough when I cut the avocado into half, it was already very ripe. So I dug up the centre and applied the mushy avocado onto his bread. That's it. He truly enjoyed this breakfast. I took a photo of it because I thought it was a moment for me, since I had never ever ate avocado as a bread spread before and I have never heard of anyone that I know of doing that; at least I know my son does!
I feel that the quotes from Ali Edwards does jive with what I had recorded here. The photo though is not perfect but it's the moment and recording what we went through in one of our days.

Also linking up  : Frosted Designs Add texture to your Project challengeThanks for looking!

Noteables : Pink Paislee Nantucket, Distress Stain Weathered Wood/Antique Linen, Distress Inks Victorian Velvet/Bundled Sage/Iced Spruce,  Hero Arts Mid Tone Butter Bar, Versa Magic Wheat /Sage, Stamps from Technique Tuesday, Stencils from The Crafters Workshop & Prima, Texture paste

3 comments:

  1. This is a great page! Love the story, love the texture, love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooooove the background on this layout!! You did such an amazing job creating the perfect mix of texture and color! It is gorgeous! Thank you for taking on our texture challenge at Frosted Designs!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michelle this is a gorgeous layout. I love the subtle colours and the flowers too. Just divine.

    ReplyDelete