This is my first tutorial for design team work at Let's Scrap. I had made this 'layering' tutorial. When I first started scrapbooking, I have the impression that layering has to be piles and piles of paper, flowers and embellishments. Then I learn that layering in another meaning could be work of piles of inking/stamping etc, so it doesn't necessarily need to have that 3d physical effect.
Anyway for this, here are the layers that I have in my layout
1. Washi tapes - for me as a grid and also to matting the photo
2. Bubble masks misted with Dylusions. flipped it over not to waste the ink, and use it at the bottom corner, creating a negative print
3. Graph mask with Dylusions - to add another interest point to the layout. I misted on the top right and on the bottom right (no negative mask for this). I also splattered the inks around the pages.
4. Stamping with a kitchen roll with distress ink- just to add some fun to it *** think repurpose ***
5. Jute - to add the 3d effect to the layer. I twisted the bunch of jute twice and tied a knot somewhere. I like the pop up effect :)
I used 3D glue dots since the bunch of jute has already bulk up the page. I tucked the knot somewhere underneath the photo. So ta da... a simple, inky, splatter layout.
Noteables : Bazzil White smooth 12x12, American Craft jute, Dylusions Lemon Zest/Cut Grass/Post Boxed/London Blue, Distress ink Barn Door, Studio Calico Bubble/Graph masks, Classiky graffiti washi tapes, Bo Bunny Ad Lib alpha stickers, October Afternoon Very Merry Word Sticker
Photo was taken during a Christmas party in 2010, Kid was looking at his presents :)
Linking up :
* Skissedilla sketch #189
* Colorful Creations - Inspired Challenge December
* Paper Issues - It's Your Life
* Simon says stamps Merry Christmas
* Scrapping Everyday Miracles Dec challenge Joy To The World
* Ashli's layout love linky November 2012